- Code: DC
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Fashion Design (5M3865)
- Duration: One Year
Through a wide range of creative modules, from fashion and textiles to drawing, this course will introduce the learner to important aspects of Fashion. Students will also develop technical skills in embroidery, garment construction and pattern drafting. The course is suitable for students wishing to build a visual portfolio to gain entry to higher education and gain a better understanding of the industry.
- Programme of Study
- Pattern Making
- Fashion Industry and Design Studies
- Combined Materials
- Garment Construction
- Work Experience
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants- experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Places are offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Retail
- Costume Design
- Fashion Styling
- Fashion Buying
- Higher Education Progression*
- Visual Merchanising(DT598)
- Fashion Design(GC494)
- Costume Design (DL829)
St. Angela's College Sligo
- Textiles, Fashion and Design with Business Management (AS053)
- Fashion & Textiles (BTEC Higher National Diploma)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
Naomi Faulkner, a BTEC Higher National Diploma student from BIFE who completed her studies this year has been offered a Masters in Trinity in “Costume & Set Design”. Her design ability has also earned her one of the 12 places in the prestigious “Samson Galaxy Young Designer of the Year” competition where she competed against students from Ireland & the UK.