- Code: KB
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Art, Craft & Design (5M1984)
- Duration: One Year
This course is an opportunity for students to work with a range of 2D and 3D media. By the end of the year students will have a collection of work as a result of the completion of a series of projects crossing over disciplines in art, craft and design. Observational drawing is the foundation for all projects. Students are encouraged to develop ideas through experimentation and are supported in refining their skills over the course of the year. Each student participates in the annual end of year exhibition.
- Programme of Study
- Appreciation of Art, Craft & Design
- Design Skills
- Work Experience
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full FETAC Level 4 Award
- Full QQI Level 4 with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants- experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview. Applicants must bring a portfolio/collection of work to the interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Fine Art
- Ceramic Design
- Arts Administration
- Higher Education Progression*
- Advertising & Marketing Communications (TA023)
- Product Design (LY417)
- Animation (LY437)
St. Angelas College, Sligo:
- Textiles, Fashion & Design with Business Management (AS053)
- Fine Art (BTEC Higher National Diploma)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"This course offered so much more than I expected. One of my ceramic pieces was selected for exhibition by Ceramics Ireland. I am currently participating on the Fine Art course at BIFE. I would highly recommend this course."