- Code: KB
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Art, Craft & Design (5M1984)
- Duration: One Year
This is a unique art course as it caters for students who are interested in art, craft and design. The college has extensively equipped specialist art and craft practice rooms: a ceramics studio where a wide range of 3D ceramic skills and techniques can be explored and developed; a print studio which allows students to engage with a wide range of printing techniques; and a design studio where 2D work such as drawing, painting and design skills are practiced. By the end of the year students will have a collection of work compiled through a series of projects crossing over art, craft and design. Each student participates in the annual graduate exhibition. On completion of this course students can continue on in BIFE to the Higher National Diploma in Art Practice, or apply to other third level institutions.
- Programme of Study
- Combined Materials
- Appreciation of Art, Craft & Design
- Design Skills
- Work Experience
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full FETAC Level 4 Award
- Full QQI Level 4 with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants- experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview. Applicants must bring a portfolio/collection of work to the interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Fine Art
- Ceramic Design
- Arts Administration
- Higher Education Progression*
- Advertising & Marketing Communications (TA023)
- Product Design (LY417)
- Animation (LY437)
St. Angelas College, Sligo:
- Textiles, Fashion & Design with Business Management (AS053)
- Fine Art (BTEC Higher National Diploma)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"This course offered so much more than I expected. One of my ceramic pieces was selected for exhibition by Ceramics Ireland. I am currently participating on the Fine Art course at BIFE. I would highly recommend this course."