Full and Half scholarships are awarded by merit to competitors on violin and piano in the Junior, Intermediate and Senior categories.
- Entry is open to piano and string students of the Bray Music Centre and also to piano and string students taking tuition elsewhere.
- Competitors must perform 2 pieces with piano accompaniment.
- Performances must not exceed 6 minutes in total
- The adjudicator’s decision is final.
- Half scholarships cover half of the cost of a 30-minute individual violin lesson and a 30-minute group theory class weekly for two terms of 14 lessons and cannot be taken in the form of one term on full scholarship. There is no deduction made if the Theory option is not taken.
- There is a €20 entry charge for applications which covers the cost of the Competition. For students of Bray Music Centre this also covers entry to the in house competitions.
- External students should organise their own accompanist.
- The 3 categories for the Scholarship Competition are; Junior, Intermediate and Senior. All students should be under 18 years. Age calculated as of 01/01/2020.
- Entrants who are not students of the College should contact;
Piano - Phaedra Keogh (ph; 0872907863) OR
Strings - Miriam Cahill (ph; 0851531432).
10. Prizewinners and scholarship winners are invited to perform at the prizewinners concert at BIFE, on April 28th 2020 at 7.30p.m.
You also need to be free on this date.
- Entry Form
Violin and Piano Scholarships
Due to Government policy regarding school closures and the Covid-19 situation, the Scholarships competition and Prizewinners concert for 2020 are postponed until further notice.