Violin and Piano Scholarships
3 full scholarships and 3 half scholarships for free violin or piano and theory tuition for one year with experienced professional teachers at BIFE College of Music.
Open to boys and girls aged 10 - 16
Closing Date Wednesday March 8th at 5pm
Finals on Thursday April 11th, 2019
Prizewinners Concert Tuesday, May 7th, 2019
Preliminary heats held by arrangement in March at the College of Music on the Florence Road
Application forms from BIFE reception (ph;01-2829668) or BIFE College of Music or online at http://www.bife.ie/music-centre/violin-and-piano-scholarships
Leave completed form with €20 fee in an envelope FAO Miriam Cahill (Strings Competition) or Phaedra Keogh (Piano Competition) either at BIFE Reception, Novara Avenue or the BIFE College of Music office, Florence Rd.
Postal applications to BIFE Music Scholarships Competition 2019, BIFE, Novara Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow. NO CHEQUES PLEASE
Full and Half scholarships are awarded by merit to competitors on violin and piano in the Junior, Intermediate and Senior categories.
- Entry is open to piano and string students of the Bray Music Centre and also to piano and string students taking tuition elsewhere.
- Competitors must perform 2 pieces with piano accompaniment.
- Performances must not exceed 6 minutes in total
- The adjudicator’s decision is final.
- Half scholarships cover half of the cost of a 30-minute individual violin lesson and a 30-minute group theory class weekly for two terms of 14 lessons and cannot be taken in the form of one term on full scholarship. There is no deduction made if the Theory option is not taken.
- There is a €20 entry charge for applications which covers the cost of the heat and the Competition. For students of Bray Music Centre this also covers entry to the in house competitions.
- Students may bring their own accompanist or use the accompanist provided, for which there is an extra 20 Euros fee. This includes one rehearsal. The accompanist is not liable for the students’ performance.
- The 3 categories for the Scholarship Competition are; Junior (Under 12), Intermediate (Under 14) and Senior (under 16). Age calculated as of 01/01/2019.
- Heats will be held in March. For students of the Centre, heats will be organized by the instrument tutor. Entrants who are not students of the College should contact;
Piano - Phaedra Keogh (ph; 0872907863) OR
Strings - Miriam Cahill (ph; 0851531432).
10. Prizewinners will perform at the Mermaid Arts Centre, on May 7th 2019 at 7.30p.m.
You also need to be free on this date.
- Entry Form