QQI Level 5 Certificate in Tourism with Business (5M5011)
City & Guilds Award in Professional Bartending Level 5 equivalence on the NFQ (7106-11)
City & Guilds Award in Professional Bartending (Cocktails with free pouring) (7106-01)
- Duration One Year
This full-time course is designed to prepare learners for work in restaurants, hotels and bars. The course creates a learning environment, in which the emphasis is on the practical application of the skills necessary, to work in the dynamic and ever- changing sectors of food and beverage. Learners will learn barsita skills, bar skills and restaurant service skills.
- Programme of Study
- Beverage Service
- Customer Service
- Restaurant Skills
- Barista Operations
- Event Production
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Tourism Information & Administration
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Marketing Practice
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
One of the following:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a Distinction profile
- Full QQI Level 4 Certificate with merit profile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Catering departments
- Cruise ships
- Higher Education Progression*
Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to year one of a range of higher certificate and degree programmes at Institutes of Technology and Universities.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?