- Code: HL
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Community Health Services (5M4468)
- Duration: One Year
This one year course in Psychology is designed for those who have an interest in Psychology and aims to give participants an introduction to the core theories and methodologies of psychology and prepare them for further study at third level. In addition, this course lays the foundation for a wide variety of ‘people-focused’ careers in social research, environmental psychology, marketing and human resource management.
- Programme of Study
- Human Growth and Development
- Addiction Studies
- Behavioural Studies
- Work Experience
- Care Support
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile
- Full FETAC Level 4 award with a meritprofile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formalqualifications
Places offered following successful interview. Garda vetting necessary prior to work experience.
Learners must source their own work placement.
- Career Opportunities
- The health professions
- Advertising & Marketing
- Human Resources
- Social Services
- Higher Education Progression*
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (DN720) (Level 8 NQF)
- BTEC HND Health & Social Care (Applied Social Studies)
IADT, Dun Laoghaire: (DL825)
- BSc (Hons)Applied Psychology (Level 8 PSI Accredited)
Dublin Business School: (DB562)
- BA(Hons)Business with Psychology (Level 8 PSI Accredited)
IT Blanchardstown: (BN107)
- BA Applied Social Studies in Social Care
*Places are not guaranteed in these institutes and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual college websites for more information on application. Information available also at www.cao.ie
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course.
"My student learning in BIFE was both enjoyable and challenging. This 8 module course was taught by very professional and approachable tutors. This course was designed with each module interlinking with each other giving the student a great understanding of how applying psychology to everyday life is fascinating, intriguing and valuable.
I am delighted to have completed such a rewarding course in BIFE. I was encouraged with my personal development which gave me the confidence to continue further studies in psychology.
I am currently in my final year studying Applied Psychology BSc (Hons) in IADT" - Elizabeth Ryan