- Code: HF
- Certification: QQI Level 6 Award in Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007)
- Duration: One Year
On the successful completion of this award the learner will have acquired the knowledge, skills and competence to work as an autonomous practitioner. Skills acquired will provide the successful learner with the ability to lead and co-ordinate a team in the provision of Early Childhood Care and Education. Knowledge of how to create an environment which promotes the development of capable active learners in line with national standards will be gained. This award will provide learners with opportunities to transfer and progress to programmes leading to higher education and training awards. QQI Level 6 is an internationally recognised award which allows the learner to work abroad with their qualification.
- Programme of Study
- Child Development
- Equality and Diversity
- Early Childhood Curriculum
- Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Personal and Professional Development
- Work Experience
- Supervision in Early Childhood Education
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- QQI level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education (5M2009)
- Other QQI Level 5 awards within the caring professions. It is recommended Child Development / Human Growth and Development components would be part of the level 5 award.
Places are offered after successful interview.
Garda Vetting is necessary prior to work experience placement.
- Career Opportunities
- Room leaders
- Managerial posts
- Special Needs Assistants
- Higher Education Progression*
In the past our learners have been accepted into year two of the following course:
- Early Childhood Care and Education (DT572)
- Early Childhood Care and Education (CW748)
- Early Childhood Care and Education (CK111)
*Places are not guaranteed in these institutes and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual college websites for more information on application. Information available also at www.cao.ie
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"In beginning this course, I knew I wanted to work with children but I didn’t know in what capacity. The modules offered were so thorough and broad and gave me an insight into how I would like to progress. The required placement in an ECCE setting is hugely beneficial. I am now studying a BA in UL to become a child social worker. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who is interested in working with children and wants to advance in their career or education." - Meg Burke
"My experience in BIFE whilst completing my level 6 was more than I could have ever imagined. I gained more confidence and skills than I ever thought I would and made friends of a life time. I couldn't have gotten through it without the help and support of my teachers who were absolute stars for the whole thing. If I could do it all over again I would. I am now in a full time job working in childcare and I couldn't be happier that I have the job I've always wanted and I have BIFE to thank for that." - Chloe Bolger