- CERTIFICATION:QQI Level 5 Award in Engineering Technology (5M2061)
- DURATION:1 Year
This course provides a foundation for students who wish to pursue further studies in Engineering at Third Level.
- Programme of Study
- Engineering Workshop Theory
- Materials Science
- Engineering Workshop Processes
- Computer Aided Draughting
- Work Experience
* The Electronics Module will be held one afternoon per week in I.T. Tallaght.
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants.
Places are offered following a successful interview
- Career Opportunities
Engineering careers in healthcare, design, communications, manufacturing, food production, power generation and transport are some of the industries that graduates of engineering work in. Engineers contribute to technologies that we use everyday. People use mobile phones, computers, the internet, high definition TV and digital cameras every day.
Today the world is connected through communications systems. The smart grid, electric cars, robotics, the music industry, and countless other systems and areas are continually developing and advancing.
As an engineering graduate, you will be involved in designing, building, automating, testing and managing. You may work on aircraft engine production, power station maintenance, water filtering plants, computer chip production systems, pharmaceutical production facilities or light rail systems.
- Higher Education Progression*
- Higher Certificate in Electronic Engineering Level 6 (TA201)
- Higher Certificate in Mechanical Engineering Level 6 (TA203)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering Level 7 (TA213)
- BSc in Energy & Environmental Engineering Level 7 (TA215)
- BSc in Electronic Engineering Level 7 (TA216)
- BSc Hons. In Mechanical Engineering (TA222)
- BSc Hons in Energy Systems Engineering (TA223)
- BSc. In Biosciences (DT259)
- Civil Engineering (DT004)
- BSc in Engineering (General Entry DT097)
- BSc in Product Design (MH305)
- Course Co-Ordinator