- Code: MB (Year One); MT (Year Two)
- Certification: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Creative Media Production (Moving Image) Level 6+ equivalence on the NFQ
- Duration: Two Years
This two year course develops advanced practical skills in all aspects of film and television production. Learners work to professional briefs to produce and direct films and documentary films. In conjunction with the “Performing Arts HND” learners will work with actors directing them in individual projects throughout both years of study. Learners will individually produce and direct a film, documentary film, promotion video and a television drama. Learners will have the opportunity to achieve an honours degree with one additional year of study.
- Programme of Study
- Film Studies
- Practical Skills
- TV Studio Production
- Documentary Film Production
- Script Writing
- Research Techniques
- Sound for the Moving Image Film
- Project Design
- Special Subject Investigation
- Music Video Production
- Career Development
- Contextual Studies
- Animation Techniques
Modules subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- QQI Award in Creative Media (level 5)
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent with extensive experience in film or television production
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
Past students are working in the following companies:
- Windmill Lane
- Screenscene Observe
- Al Jazeer
- Higher Education Progression*
University of Wales,Swansea:
- BA in Creative Digital Media (WG24) - Final Year
- BA in Film & Television Production (W610) - Final Year
- BA in Media Production Management - Final Year
- BA in Film (Wolverhampton University) One Year Top Up Degree
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
Through skilled tutors and a supportive atmosphere, BIFE gave me the necessary real life and hands-on experience to further my abilities and achieve goals professionally.
I studied TV & Film (Moving Image) for two years in BIFE and went on to complete my one-year top-up degree to graduate with BA (Hons) from Swansea Metropolitan University. I then went on to produce and direct award winning feature films and television. I am currently a supervising editor in TV3. - Richard Waters