- Certification QQI Level 5 Award in Creative Media
- Duration One Year
This course is an introduction to Mobile Application Design for a range of Mobile Software types including native Apps, Responsive Web sites, Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) games and experiences. The course will blend 2D and 3D design with mobile and web technologies to enable the learner to plan, design and produce mobile software using current and emerging development systems (e.g. Unity3D, ARCore, Android Studio). Learn the tools that will transform the way people play, shop, learn, create, and experience the world.
The Mobile and Games industries are currently worth over €70 billion while last year, there was global investment of over €3 billion in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) industries. This course will prepare you for your future within these fast-paced industries. Students will leave the course with a significant portfolio of work.
- Programme of Study
- Mobile Technologies
- Object Oriented Programming
- 3D Computer Graphics
- Computer Illustration Graphics
- Multimedia Authoring
- Web Authoring
- Work Experience
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/ H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered.
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Full QQI Level 4
- Mature applicants-experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview. Candidates are encouraged to bring a CV and portfolio to the interview. Candidates should display a good level of enthusiasm for technology.
- Career Opportunities
- Mobile development roles
- Software and Web Development roles
- Digital Media roles
- AR & VR content Development roles
- Higher Education Progression*
Examples of potential courses include:
BA in Games Design (DT5D8)
- IT Athlone:
BSc (Hons) in Software Design with Virtual Reality and Gaming (AL801)
- NUI Maynooth:
BA Media Studies (MH109)
BSc (Hons) in Multimedia (DC133)
- IT Tallaght:
BA in Creative Digital Media (TA022)
- Letterkenny IT:
BA Graphic and Digital Design (LY457)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?