- Code: MI
- Certification: National Diploma in Music Technology (DJ Techniques) Level 5 equivalence on NFQ
- Duration: One Year
It is not an exaggeration to say this is the only place in Ireland to get this kind of education, this level of knowledge and this depth of passion. We love dance music, we love club culture, we love music technology. If you’re mixing, mastering or stepping a beat - we’re smiles all round. If you’re producing, we’re happy. If you want to know about this music, if you want to know about this technology, if you want to be able to move people through music - enrol at the Bray Institute of Further Education.
- Programme of Study
- DJ Techniques Performance
- Music Production Techniques
- Sequencing Systems & Techniques
- Marketing & Promotion in the Music Industry
- The Sound & Music Industry
- Special Subject Investigation
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Full QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- DJ Performance
- Music Production
- Event Promotion
- Marketing & Sales
- Education & Training
- Higher Education Progression*
- BIFE: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Music Production Level 6+ equivalence on NFQ
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"My journey into electronic music began what I started the DJ Techniques course in BIFE. I loved it, learned a lot, met some great people. It was good to have the lecturers there lay out what I needed to know, what I needed to do, to get a head start in music."- Matthew Flanagan (DeFeKT)