- Code: MI
- Certification: National Diploma in Music Technology (DJ Techniques) Level 5 equivalence on NFQ
- Duration: One Year
This is a course for you if you have a passion for DJ Culture and Music Technology, dance misic and club culture. If you are mixing, mastering or stepping a beat - you will fit in. If you are producing, we are happy. If you want to know about this music, if you want to know about this technology, if you want to be able to move people through music - enrol at the Bray Institute of Further Education.
- Programme of Study
- DJ Techniques Performance
- Music Production Techniques
- Sequencing Systems & Techniques Marketing & Promotion in the Music Industry
- Marketing & Promotion in the Music Industry
- DJ Performance Techniques
- Listening Skills for Music Technologists
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/ H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered.
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Full QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- DJ Performance
- Radio DJ
- Music Production
- Event Promotion
- Marketing & Sales
- Education & Training
- Higher Education Progression*
- BIFE: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Music Production Level 6+ equivalence on NFQ
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"My journey into electronic music began what I started the DJ Techniques course in BIFE. I loved it, learned a lot, met some great people. It was good to have the lecturers there lay out what I needed to know, what I needed to do, to get a head start in music."- Matthew Flanagan (DeFeKT)
"This course has genuinely changed my life and I'm finally doing something I've always wanted to do. Throughout the year I gained the knowledge and experience I needed to set me up to take my place in the music industry here in Ireland. I have successfully set up my own club night, Altered States, which is doing amazingly well, along with my own blog which is also taking off. In the last 2 months I have played in some of the best clubs in Dublin and know that this is only the beginning of my music career. I owe it all to the tutors at BIFE for providing and guiding me with their knowledge to push me to where I am today. I look forward to making my mark on the scene in years to come." - Georgia Murphy