- Code: PA
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Performing Arts (5M5151)
- Duration: One Year
This one year course provides an intensive production-led study in theatre performance. It enables learners to develop the personal qualities and performance skills essential to an actor/performer,self-confidence, focus, concentration, flexibility, trust, imagination and co-operation. Training prepares students to perform in a range of Media.
- Programme of Study
- Alexander Technique
- Physical Theatre
- Acting Skills
- Stage Combat
- Stage Management
- Set Design & Construction
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or Equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Full QQI Level 4 Award
- Mature students – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview and successful participation in a workshop/audition.
- Career Opportunities
This course provides skills and training which will enable learners to identify and seek employment in the ever expanding Performing Arts/Entertainment industry. All auditions are performed on stage and filmed in the studio.
- Higher Education Progression*
- Performing Arts –Theatre (BTEC Higher National Diploma Level 6+)
- Drama (Performance) (DT529)
- Drama and Theatre Studies (TR025)
- Arts (Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies): (GY118)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"Drama has been my biggest passion since I was ten. Thanks to Bray Institute of further education I had a chance to start a Performing Arts course, which l always wanted. In three years I achieved a FETAC level 5 and a Higher National Diploma which entitled me to study one more year at the Swansea Metropolitan University where I got a second class, upper division (2.1) Honours Degree in Performing arts. I am now completing my MA in Drama-therapy at NUI Maynooth." - Paolo Trente