- Code: FC
- Duration: One Year
- Certification: ITEC Diplomas in: Fashion, Theatre & Media Make up Fashion, Theatre & Media Make up
- QQI Minor Award in Retailling (5N1619) QQI Minor Award in Retail Selling (5N1619)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
This course has been tailored for those with a passion for all things make-up and a career in the world of make-up artistry. Make-up artists may pursue a career in Fashion, Theatre, T.V & Film, Bridal & Cosmetic Retailing. This course is awarded by ITEC and is an internationally recognised qualification which is a 'must have' to pursue this exciting and creative path at home or abroad. The course covers SPFX and also includes up to date requirements like body art and individual eyelash application to ensure you are ready to get straight into the working environment.
- Programme of Study
- Diploma in Fashion Theatre & Media Make-Up incorporating:
- Special Effects – wounds, burns, cuts etc
- Theatre/Character Make-up
- High Fashion Make-Up
- Make-up for TV & Film
- Make up (unit 10)
- Eye Brow Design
- Eye Lash Extensions
- Professionalism & Business Awareness
- Body Art
- Air Brushing
- Portfolio Preparation
- Social Media/Digital Marketing
- Retail Sales
- Work Experience
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile
- Full QQI Level 4 award with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview. Learners should be able to provide evidence of aptitude and ability to meet course requirements i.e. creative skills, experience of make-up would be an advantage.
Learners must source their own work experience.
- Career Opportunities
- Professional Make-up Artist
- Film and T.V. work
- Make-up specialist with cosmetic company
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"Despite the workload needed for this course, I loved every minute of it. The support given to each and every student by our teachers was second to none, her passion, skill and knowledge in the makeup and special effects field really inspired me to work as hard as I could to ensure great results. After leaving BIFE I worked on films such as the Tudors,The Clinic and the Savage Eye. I have worked on many cosmetic houses such as MAC, Chanel and Estee Lauder and in February 2013 I opened up my own business, empower Studio in Dublin City." - Aisling Powell