- Code: MB (Year One); MT (Year Two)
- Certification: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Creative Media (Film) Level 6+ equivalence on the NFQ (603/2282/2)
- Duration: Two Years
This two year course develops advanced practical skills in all aspects of film and television production. Learners work to professional briefs to produce and direct films and documentary films. In conjunction with the “Performing Arts HND” learners will work with actors directing them in individual projects throughout both years of study. Learners will individually produce and direct a film, documentary film, promotion video and a television drama. Learners will have the opportunity to achieve an honours degree with one additional year of study.
- Programme of Study
- Film Studies
- Individual Project
- TV Studio Production
- Principles of Photography
- Creative Media Industry
- Film Practice
- Professional Practice
- Sound for Media
- Advanced Film Production
- Script Writing
- Personal Professional Development
- Collaborative Project
Modules subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- QQI Award in Creative Media (level 5)
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent with extensive experience in film or television production
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
Past students are working in the following
• Virgin Media
• Windmill Lane
• Screenscene Observe
• Al Jazeer
• Game of Thrones
- Higher Education Progression*
University of Wales, Swansea:
- BA in Creative Digital Media (WG24) - Final Year
- BA in Film & Television Production (W610) - Final Year
- BA in Media Production Management - Final Year
- BA in Film (Wolverhampton University) One Year Top Up Degree
*Places are not guaranteed in these Institutions and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual websites for more information on application. Information is also available on www.cao.ie.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"Michael studied for four years in BIFE. He produced the documentary Christy as his graduation film which won awards at Galway Film Fleadh, Cork Film Festival and Belfast Film Festival. Michael went onto more success with the short films Rockmount (IFTA Award for Best Short Drama 2015) and Heartbreak (IFTA Award or Best Short Drama 2017). Over the past decade he has produced many high profile music videos including Kodaline - All I Want (UK Music Video Award - Best Rock/Indie Video). His first feature film as a producer Dublin Oldschool was released nationwide in 2018 to rave reviews." - Michael Donnelly
Through skilled tutors and a supportive atmosphere, BIFE gave me the necessary real life and hands-on experience to further my abilities and achieve goals professionally.
I studied TV & Film (Moving Image) for two years in BIFE and went on to complete my one-year top-up degree to graduate with BA (Hons) from Swansea Metropolitan University. I then went on to produce and direct award winning feature films and television. I am currently a supervising editor in TV3. - Richard Waters