- Code DF
- Duration One Year
This one year course is the natural progression from the Higher National Certificate in Fashion and Textiles and will provide learners with an internationally recognised qualification in fashion and textile design. This full-time course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills required for a sucessful career in the exciting and ever-widening fashion and textile industry. This Higher National Diploma in Fashion and Textiles is designed to develop and expand fashion and textile design skills achieved in the HNC and will enable learners to enter a broad choice of career options, while developing their confidence and their unique design identity. The course consists of academic and practical workshops in the field of fashion design, pattern construction, garment manufacturing and textiles. Final year learners will have the opportunity to exhibit their work at our end-of-year exhibition in the Institute.
- Programme of Study
- Project Design, Implementation & Evaluation
- Experimental Embroidered Textiles
- Pattern Construction in Fashion
- Garment Manufacture
- Fashion & Textiles Materials Understanding
- Fashion Collection Realisation
- Digital Image Creation & Development
- Critical Study in Art & Design
- Entry Requirements
- BTEC HNC in Fashion & Textiles
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview. Learners should be computer literate. Applicants must bring a portfolio/collection of work to the interview.
- Higher Education Progression
- UK and Northern Ireland Universities: Final year of an Honours Degree in Fashion Design (Apply through UCAS system)
- Irish Universities & IT’s: Learners may proceed via advanced entry to Honours Degree courses.