- Course Code: DH
- Certification: QQI Level 6 Award in Architectural Technology & Design (6M4989)
- Duration: One Year
This one-year course is aimed at students and employees who wish to upskill and gain enhanced experience in this dynamic area. Students will be able to improve their architectural technology and design skills and gain hands on using industry standard software, Revit and Photoshop, for Building Information Modelling and 3D Architectural illustration.
- Programme of Study
• Architectural Drawing and Presentation
• Computer Aided Drawing
• Building Technology and Design
• Work Experience
• 3D Design Materials
• Computer Aided Design 3D
• Computer Illustrated Graphics
*Components subject to change.
- Entry Requirements
• Leaving Certificate with some higher papers
• Full QQI Level 5 Award
• Mature Applicants- experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
Places are offered following a successful
- Career Opportunities
• Architectural technicians
• Architectural graphics
• Model making
- Higher Education Progression*
Graduates of this course are eligible to apply through the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to a range of higher certificate and degree programmes at Institutes of Technology and Universities.
Places are not guaranteed in these institutes and are subject to students meeting certain criteria. Please consult the individual college websites for more information on application. Information available also at www.cao.ie
- Course Coordinator