- Certification QQI Level 5 Award in Information Processing (5M2067)
- Duration One Year
If you are thinking of returning to work, this course offers the ideal opportunity to up-skill/re-skill - develop excellent practical skills and competencies for returning to the workplace. All jobs today demand high levels of proficiency in a wide range of computer applications. These include MS Word, Excel and Access. Core to the course is training in MS Office Cloud Apps. Learning to use Outlook not just to send email but to organise contacts and schedule meetings is also included. This course aims to meet the needs of new job seekers as well as mature students wishing to retrain by providing them with the relevant skills and confidence for a changing work place.
- Programme of Study
- The Internet
- Information & Communication Systems
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel)
- Word Processing (MS Word)
- Database (MS Access)
- Work Experience
- Web Authoring
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/ H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Full FETAC Level 4
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifactions.
Places are offered following a successful interview
- Career Opportunities
- Web Design
- Database Administration
- Office Administration
- Working in a corporate Setting
- Higher Education Progression*
Examples of potential courses include:
Computer Systems and Networks QQI Level 6 (6M0695)
Software Development QQI Level 6 (6M0691)
Office Administration & Computer Applications-Level 6 (6M4985)
Computing Level 8 (NC003)
Business Information Systems Level 8 (NC004)
- IT Blanchardstown:
Business & IT Level 8 (BN103)
Progression to various third level Courses including courses at DIT, IADT, IT Tallaght Institute of Technology Waterford (WIT) and Carlow Institute of Technology may also be available.
Please note that the courses listed above are only a select few, many other courses can be entered using this FETAC award, please visit www.careersportal.ie for more.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?