- Code: ME
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Creative Media (5M5048)
- Duration: One Year
This course is an introduction to 2D and 3D computer game design and development. This course will examine all aspects of computer game production from concept and digital art to 3D Modelling and Sound Design. Successful learners will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of game design techniques and theory as well as an extensive portfolio of work including a number of individual games.
- Programme of Study
- Music Technology
- Games Analysis & Design
- Computer 3D Modelling & Animation
- 3D Computer Graphics
- Computer Illustrated Graphics
- Work Experience
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a distinction profile
- Full QQI Level 4 with a distinction profile
- Mature applicants-experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following successful interview. Learners should have a good working knowledge of computers and some software (e.g. File Management, Internet, Email, MS Office, 3D software experience a bonus).
- Career Opportunities
- Game development roles - Programmer, Artist, Designer
- Indie Game Development
- Digital Media roles
- Higher Education Progression*
- Games Development Advanced QQI Level 6 (6M5131)
- BA in Creative Digital Media (TA022)
- BA (Hons.) in Creative Digital Media (BN112)
- Bachelor of Arts in Creative Digital Media (BN021)
- BA in Multimedia (CR112)
*Please note, places are not guaranteed at the above institutes and are subject to entry requirements of those institutes.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"I’m currently studying a BA in Game Design at Dublin Institute of Technology.
The techniques and skills that I’ve learned in BIFE have been invaluable.
The tutors always had time to help you if you needed it and continue to support you even after BIFE.
I would recommend this course to anyone considering a career in game design as it provides an excellent platform to further your career and education" - Michael Carstairs