- Code: JC
- Certification: QQI Level 6 Award in Management (6M4587)
- Duration: One Year
This course enables learners to develop their academic, practical and analytical skills in the business area. The course consists of academic study, practical workshops, field study visits and a range of assignments. There is a strong emphasis on entrepreneurship throughout the course. Graduates may proceed to employment, third level study or set up their own businesses. Guest speakers from the business sector visit the Institute and learners attend business presentations and seminars.
- Programme of Study
- Business Management
- Consultative Selling
- Personal and Professional Development
- Word Processing
- Human Resource Management
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Full QQI Level 5 award or equivalent
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places will be offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Graduates may progress into employment in a range of occupations in the business sector, including Finance, Administration, Customer Service and Marketing. Graduates may set up their own Business Enterprise and there is a strong emphasis on Entrepreneurship within this course. Many recent graduates have progressed onto third level study where they may gain entry to 2nd year of certain degree courses.
- Progression to 3rd level courses.
- Higher Education Progression*
Links to a wide range of courses through the higher Education Links Scheme (HELS) including:
Arts Anthropology (MH101), European Studies (MH108)
Accounting and Finance (BN114)
Direct entry links:
Progression to 2nd year of various third level Courses including courses at DIT, IADT and IT Tallaght may also be available to JC Graduates. Places are allocated subject to availability and results at QQI Level 6.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
"Choosing the Advanced Management FETAC Level 6 course at the Bray Institute was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I had completed a FETAC Level 5 course in Business and was determined to progress to the next level with the hope of realising a lifelong dream to attend college and obtain my degree.I came across the Institutes prospectus online and was amazed at the choice of courses now available to me.I cannot stress enough how beneficial it has been for me to attend the course in BIFE. Everything that was covered in the classes has been of huge benefit to me here at college and made the transition almost seamless for me. Course content is current, relevant and taught in a very professional manner, in a welcoming and friendly environment."
Alison Duff progressed from BIFE to a degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at DIT.
I am now in the search for my dream job following this year of study in management advanced level 6 after we hosted a career event within the college. I have also studied early childhood care and education and also business management and adminstration both level 5. The staff at bife are so helpful and encourage you to be the best you can be as they always have your best interest at heart. The courses provide you with the skills and knowledge you would need in your desired career part which is brilliant as it gives you an idea of what employers are looking for. - Jessica Stavely Kelly