- Code: JA
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Business Studies (5M2102)
- Duration: One Year
This course combines a wide range of Business modules including Marketing, Enterprise, Word Processing and Business Administration. It meets the increasing demand from employers for qualified workers who are proficient in a wide range of business skills. Learners complete work experience placements in the business area and gain valuable experience in the sector leaving them ready for either employment or progression into further study at Level 6 or Third Level. Throughout the year students are involved in Entrepreneurial Activity, Market Research and indeed benefit from external speakers and industry specialists.
- Programme of Study
- Business Administration Skills
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Marketing Practice
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile
- Full QQI Level 4 Award with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interviews
- Career Opportunities
- Employment within the Business, Finance, Administration and Marketing sectors.
- Progression to QQI (FETAC) Level 6 course in Management at BIFE.
- Progression to 3rd level courses through the Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS).
- Higher Education Progression*
Links to a wide range of courses including:
- QQI Level 6 course in Management (6M4587)
- Business Studies (DC111), Aviation Management (DC117)
- Business Studies (DT315), Auctioneering (DT104),
- International Hospitality Management (DT401)
- Accounting and Finance (TA121), Management (TA122), Marketing (TA123)
- Arts Anthropology (MH101), European Studies (MH108)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
This course provided me with the opportunity to experience multiple different areas of the business world. With the variety of modules it entails along with the work experience that had to be carried out it helped me focus in on my future career choice. As a mature student, BIFE were very helpful with anything I wasn't too certain about in terms of the course work. Most importantly, because of BIFE, their staff and my motivation to work throughout the year, I am now attending Carlow IT studying Bachelor of Business (Honours) - Business CW908.
Leanne Bolger achieved student of the Year for the Level 5 Business Award in 2016.
I am currently studying a level 8 Business Studies Degree in DCU. I completed the level 5 Business Administration course in BIFE.
Attending BIFE allowed me to get a feel for what it is like to study business as I had not studied business for the Leaving Certificate.
I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the Business Administration course. I was particularly interested in the modules of Marketing and Entrepreneurial skills as it opened my eyes to what the business world has to offer.
Socially I connected well with all of the people in my class as we had a common interest. There were many extra-curricular activities available throughout BIFE. I joined the DJ society which was very interesting and fun to participate in.
The guidance counsellor was very helpful in guiding me through the CAO process, entry to 3rd level and future career opportunities.
BIFE was an ideal stepping stone from second level to third level education as it gave me an understanding of the kind of work that I need to do in University.
During the course of the year in BIFE, I gained confidence in myself and it gave me the skills and knowledge to progress to third level. I hope to complete my 4-year business studies degree in DCU and possibly advance to a job in Marketing. - Cillian Hughes