- Code: JA
- Certification: QQI Level 5 Award in Business Studies (5M2102)
- Duration: One Year
This course combines a wide range of Business modules including Marketing, Enterprise, Word Processing and Business Administration. It meets the increasing demand from employers for qualified workers who are proficient in a wide range of business skills. Learners complete work experience placements in the business area and gain valuable experience in the sector leaving them ready for either employment or progression into further study at Level 6 or Third Level. Throughout the year students are involved in Entrepreneurial Activity, Market Research and indeed benefit from external speakers and industry specialists.
- Programme of Study
- Business Administration Skills
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Marketing Practice
- Work Experience
- Customer Service
- Word Processing
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Leaving Certificate Applied with a merit profile
- Full QQI Level 4 Award with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interviews
- Career Opportunities
- Employment within the Business, Finance, Administration and Marketing sectors.
- Progression to QQI (FETAC) Level 6 course in Management at BIFE.
- Progression to 3rd level courses through the Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS).
- Higher Education Progression*
Links to a wide range of courses including:
- QQI Level 6 course in Management (6M4587)
- Business Studies (DC111), Aviation Management (DC117)
- Business Studies (DT315), Auctioneering (DT104),
- International Hospitality Management (DT401)
- Accounting and Finance (TA121), Management (TA122), Marketing (TA123)
- Arts Anthropology (MH101), European Studies (MH108)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
This course provided me with the opportunity to experience multiple different areas of the business world. With the variety of modules it entails along with the work experience that had to be carried out it helped me focus in on my future career choice. As a mature student, BIFE were very helpful with anything I wasn't too certain about in terms of the course work. Most importantly, because of BIFE, their staff and my motivation to work throughout the year, I am now attending Carlow IT studying Bachelor of Business (Honours) - Business CW908.
Leanne Bolger achieved student of the Year for the Level 5 Business Award in 2016.