- Code: JD (Year One); JE (Year Two)
- Certification: Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI) Level 6 Award
- Duration: Two Years
The institute of accounting technicians is the leading accounting technician body in Ireland with over 10,000 members. The ATI qualification is internationally recognised and graduates are qualified to work in the accounting profession in Ireland or abroad. The Institute has achieved a high success rate in these exams. The ATI offers extensive learner support and advice. In recent years BIFE learners have achieved some of the highest grades in the country in the ATI examinations. In the 2015 Exams Sandra Colgan achieved 2nd place and Niamh Heaney achieved 3rd place overall in Ireland in the 1st year ATI exams. Many other previous students have performed highly in the ATI Exam National Rankings. In recent years many BIFE students have progressed to Third level study with 5 of the 2016 Graduates gaining direct entry to Year 3 of the Finance Degree at IT Tallaght.
- Programme of Study
- Law & Ethics
- Business Management
- Financial Accounting I
- Taxation I
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Integrated Accounting Systems
- Management Accounting
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certifcate. Learners should have passed the Leaving Certi cate or equivalent with pass grades in 5 ordinary level subjects (including English and either Maths or Accountancy).
- Leaving Certifcate Applied Students should contact the ATI (01-6498180)
- Applications will be considered from mature learners who do not meet these requirements.
Places will be offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Further Professional Study. Graduates of this course can progress to higher Accountancy professional qualification including Chartered Accountants Ireland, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Association of Tax Technicians, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA), Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants (IIPA).
- Accounting Practice
- Financial Services
- Accounting positions in both Private & Public Sectors.
- Higher Education Progression*
IT Tallaght (ITT):
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting,
- Bachelor of Business in Financial Services and Investment Analysis.
- BA in Accounting
- BA in Accounting.
Cork Institute of Technology (CIT):
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting.
Swansea Metropolitan University:
- BA in Accounting, BA in Business Studies
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?
Meet BIFE students who have graduated from this course...
As a mature student and mum it was a big decision to return to full-time education after years in industry, but from the start I found the team at BIFE helpful and welcoming. The class sizes are small so you get to know everyone and make new friends. The teachers are really excellent and prepared us well for the ATI exams. Early in the course they gave us some good advice; to get into a study routine, use the library resource and form study groups to help and support each other. I have really enjoyed studying at BIFE and am thrilled with our ATI results – all the hard work paid off and the two years have flown by.
Both ATI and BIFE have excellent higher education links with Institute of Technology Tallaght (ITT), and I have now entered third year of the Accounting & Finance degree course with my BIFE classmates. They say “education opens doors” and I couldn’t recommend BIFE highly enough to school leavers and mature students alike.
Sandra Colgan achieved Joint 1st Place in Ireland in the ATI Year 2 exams in 2016.