· City & Guilds Diploma Diploma in Women’s & Men’s Hairdressing (3002-70)
· Department of Education and Skills Senior Trade Certificate
- DURATION: 1 Year
This is a combined course, offering both an international and national accreditation. This course is designed for Junior stylists who are looking to progress their career in Hairdressing and becoming a Senior Stylist. It is also suitable for those working in the hairdressing industries who wish to obtain a recognised qualification.
- Programme of Study
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Cut women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Style and dress hair using a variety of Techniques
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative Hairdressing Design Skills
- Perm hair to create a variety of looks
- Hair colour correction
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
One of the following:
- NVQ Level 2 award in Hairdressing (City and Guilds or ITEC)
- QQI Level 5 award in Hairdressing
- Junior Trade qualification
- If you do not hold any of the above qualifications, you must have at least 5 years salon experience and a copy of apprenticeship trade card, along with salon references.
- Leaving Certificate Applied with relevant experience
- Mature Applicants – relevant experience in the hairdressing industry will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications Places are offered following a successful interview.
Learners must source their own work placement.
- Career Opportunities
- Senior Hair Stylist
- Cruise Ships
- Start Your Own Business
- Session Stylist
- Salon Receptionist
- Sales Representative
- Health Spas
- TV/Film & Theatre
- Course Co-Ordinator