- Certification QQI Level 5 in Construction Technology (5M5010)
- Duration One Year
This course is aimed at people who wish to embark on a course of study leading to a career in the construction industry, with particular emphasis on renewable energy technology. It is specifically designed to provide the learner with the skills associated with environmentally sustainable building and construction technology. The course will present learners with the opportunity to develop practical skills in the area of building construction and wood fabrication.
- Programme of Study
- Building Construction
- Work Experience
- Wood Fabrication
- Computer Aided Draughting (2D)
- Architectural Drawing
- Thermal Insulation Installation
- Renewable Energy Systems
Components subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/ H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full FETAC Level 4 Award
- Full QQI Level 4 with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants - experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Building contractors
- Quantity surveyors
- Local authorities
- Manufacturers and suppliers of building products and materials
- Higher Education Progression*
Examples of potential courses include:
- BIFE Furniture Design & Cabinet Making Level 6
Architectural Technology Level 6
Graduates of this course are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to year one of a range of higher certificate and degree programmes at Institutes of Technology and Universities (please check with the particular institution and regarding local eligibility requirements).
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?