- Certification BTEC Higher National Certificate in Construction in the Build Environment (Construction) Level 6+ equivalence on the NFQ (603/04650/0)
- Duration One Year
Architectural Technologists work with Architects and Engineers to produce detailed building construction information. This one-year Higher National Certificate will cover construction fundamentals including Design, Materials, CAD, Surveying and Construction Technology. Studio work will be based on realistic construction projects from inception to completion. Using the latest software, the projects will be fully visualised. The learner will be expected to attend study trips to various buildings of interest.
- Programme of Study
- Construction Technology
- Science & Materials
- Construction Practice & Management
- Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Drawing, Detailing Specification
- Surveying, Measuring & Setting Out
- Building Information Modelling
- Principles of Alternative Energy
Modules subject to change
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent with some higher papers
- QQI Level 5 award in a related discipline
- Mature Applicants – experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
- Places are offered following a successful interview. Learners should be computer literate. Applicants must bring a portfolio/collection of work to the interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Construction Management
- Architectural Technology
- Building Conservation & Restoration
- Higher Education Progression*
- Learners may proceed via advanced entry to Honours Degree courses in the U.K.
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?