- Code: KE
- Certification QQI Level 5 Award in Art (5M1985)
- Duration One Year
This course enables students to gain a vast experience in practical and technical disciplines relating to the whole area of motion graphics. Students investigate, research and explore themes and subject matter two dimensionally and three dimensionally through drawing, painting and sculpture. This research is developed further in animation layout design and animation drawing studies using software such as animation and after effects.
- Programme of Study
- Work Experience
- Animation Layout Design
- Animation Drawing Studies
- Entry Requirements
- Leaving Certificate (minimum of five 06/H7’s or combination of five 06/ H7’s) or its equivalent. Extenuating circumstances may be considered
- Leaving Certificate Applied Award
- Full FETAC Level 4 Award
- Full QQI Level 4 with a merit profile
- Mature Applicants - experience will be considered in lieu of formal qualifications
Places are offered following a successful interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Animation and motion graphic designer
- Graphic design
- Higher Education Progression*
Examples of potential courses include:
- AIT Animation & Illustration (AL861)
- CIT Visual Communications (CR600)
- Course Co-Ordinator
- Where are they now?